Saturday, November 15, 2008

Magnolia

So...I acquired the recipe for magnolia cupcakes from a cupcake blog I frequent...and I knew I had to make 'em!! So, I decided to make them TODAY babe. It did require a trip to the local safeway to grab some more powdered sugar for the frosting...but boy-o-boy was it worth it! I made some alterations to the frosting recipe- I added a pinch of butter flavored salt and a vanilla bean instead of extract. I think I made the right choice.

Vanilla extract, a bean and a glass vile of vanilla beans :)
Squashed vaniller bean

Close up of a sprinkly one

The variety
*I should have added more powdered sugar to the frosting so that it was more dense and fluffy...oh well.

REAL magnolia cupcakes.
happy baking.

1 comment:

Mandie said...

Wow... those look so pretty! I'm sure they are delish too. FedEx me one? :)