Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bunny.

Well. I couldn't quite wait. I had to tell this story...

My mom, Paul and I were eating some yummy coconut curry chicken, organic veggies and rice I had made when everyone had split up and gone their separate directions. I was still sitting in the den (which is now the only room with furniture to eat in...) and was looking out of the window, when I spotted a tiiiiny baby bunny. I called my mom over and we were watching it eat and hop around. All the while I was calling paul over to see this littlest creature. Just when paul reached the window to look out at its littleness, it hopped right behind a big bush in the front yard. Well, needless to say, we had to go out to see it. When we got close to it, I prepared myself for its cute glossy eyes, when my eyes met a void on its head...Nothing, no eye. So then I immediately panicked, "This baby is missing its eye!!!" just as i spoke those very words, Paul (on the other side of the bunny) yells, "the Bunny's EYE!!!" when I went over to see its other eye, (still hoping it would be a beady black cute) it was a red crusty mess........THE POOR BABY WAS BLIND! So then I could not just walk away, I called my mom out to help us and after about 20 minutes, some poop and pee (on the Bunny's part, you weirdo), and running around in the neighbors garage...haha, we captured it. I placed it in our cat carrier with a soft towel, a shallow dish of water and some organic veggies (pretty awesome timing that i made those veggies with dinner, eh!). I placed it in my closet in my room overnight, then the next day- after some research- took it to a wildlife rehabilitation center. YAY

WE SAVED ITS BLIND LIFE!!!


It wouldnt turn to the camera- this is probably for the best, it wasnt a pretty sight...
Veggies!
Oh, yes, and it really snacked on those by the way!

Go ahead, Ill allow it, you can look at how small...

...you can...

No comments: