Monday, April 20, 2009

More crafts.

My cell phone had recently celebrated its 2nd birthday, which means I got to replace it...and so I did just that- with a new pink palm centro :D It is a dark reddish pink (which makes me slightly sad since they just retired the light sparkly pink one). Anywoo, I have been looking online for a pretty case that accents the pink of the phone...annnnnd I just have not found any. This is what I did find...

-extremely tacky covers, Exhibit A


-extremely awesome, aka spending $250-450, NOPE! Exhibit B and C




So I had a situation on my hands. And whenever the world wide web fails me, I must take a good long look back at myself and figure out a way. Well! I did it! I made a plan. I ordered about 3,000 swarovski crystals (seriously...three. zero. zero. zero.) from a bead wholesale store and went to the drawing board (I also ordered 4 clear cases from ebay for 10 bucks) sweet.


Here I made a stencil of my phone and went for it. These are my 1st drafts, which I am pretty content with...

Then I took some crystals I had in my bag-o-tricks and set them down to see how they would work out.

P.S. The colors on the swirly one are going to be a little different but I had to use the markers I had in my office at work.

...Oops. Did I just admit that I designed my cell phone covers when I should have been grading drawings...*shrug* Its art, right?


Ah, and I bought some more printer ink last week and got the pics all posted. See yourself in there?

Now I just need to wait...until the rest of my crystals and my cases come in the mail. I will show you pictures when I get these babys finished :D

No comments: