Saturday, January 17, 2009

Camera Crisis!

So we had a mini camera meltdown here in the Haggerty household! We thought we had lost the battery charger for our beloved Nikon D40...however, tonight after making the most gorgeous cupcakes in my whole lifetime, I was distraught and wasn't able to give up hope. So I made a camera charger search effort take place. Still no avail. I couldn't find it anywhere- I looked in boxes, in drawers, in nooks and cranny's, in Tupperware*, so yeah, everywhere. So as I sat on the floor, in near tears...pleading with Paul to look again, he decided to take me up on the offer and took one last look. Well he walks into the bedroom and looks right in front of my dresser. And it is laying there.

IN PLAIN SIGHT.

So yeah...a Christmas without a camera, a month without pictures (in this normally camera active home), a month with no blog posts, a month where family visited this very apartment and knew of the lost charger...NO ONE SAW IT.

But here is the good news. I made earl grey cupcakes tonight that are the prettiest, yummiest, nicest cupcakes ever. AND- I have pictures to prove it :D

*I was desperate. What can I say...

A Christmas present my sister knitted for Paul! He loves this thing.

Here I am modeling the hat my sister made me! I love it- colors, fit...everything! Go Mandie!!

The awesome new decorations I got for our place. Courtesy of TJ Maxx and Target babe. (Goooooooo BARGAIN!)

Me showing scale...Excuse my dirty gym clothes.
Leeloo still life

Our new electric tea kettle and amber sugar crystals for tea.
Let me reassure you that these little sugar pebbles make tea taste so clear and perfect. I have had 3 cups of tea already today.
SO GOOD!
Close up. Gorgeous.

Earl grey cupcakes...yesyesyesyes.

The recipe actually calls for ripping open tea bags and pouring the leaves into the batter. Mmmmm. Then the frosting is vanilla bean with orange essence buttercream.
Tis been a tea day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are pretty! I'm glad you found your camera charger. Those cupcakes are so pretty and photogenic. :)