Thursday, January 29, 2009

I just ate a lime...

So. After doing some research, I decided to try out miracle fruit. I ordered the freeze dried berries about 2 weeks ago and they came last week. We had been looking forward to trying these out since we have heard so much buzz about them. Well, since all the crazy car stuff was happening, we had to wait a few days to try them out since we were in Virginia until 930pm most nights this week (plus a hour drive home...) visiting car dealers *sigh*. Oh! and we did get a car- a 2004 Toyota corolla, woop woop!

So, back to the berries. When we opened the package from Slovenia, there was a container that looked much like a package of hard candies or gum. The little pills of freeze dried berry tasted similar to bland cranberries with oatmeal. We let the berry dissolve in our mouth for about 2 minutes while we prepared the food for tasting. Since the berries temporarily numb all receptors on your tongue but the sweet ones, we had an arrangement of sour, bitter and unripe things to try out. Lemon, lime, salt and vinegar chips, goat cheese, dark chocolate, unripe strawberries, and granny smith apples were on the menu. Weird right? right.

So we both decided to try out the lime first...ah! It smelled the same and looked the same...but would it taste the same? NOPE! it tasted like candy!! delicious, flavorful candy! So good! We ripped through everything on the plate, chips tasted creamy, lemons like lemonade, unripe strawberries tasted like the most luscious strawberry's you could imagine, 70% dark chocolate was sweet milky chocolate, goat cheese was like sweet cream cheese, and the apple! OH, the apple- delicious! You got the crispness of a granny smith but the sweetness of a Fuji. You can order some here...they are so cool! You should give them a try!


The package


The candies



The platter of sour


OMG! So good!

My look of disbelief!

Here are some more pictures of things that have been going on...

Shotzye gets so bored of us sometimes...


My new ring for school since I don't want to ruin my nice one at work.

180 teenage students+art supplies= not good for expensive ring.

(isn't it cute though?? A bow! love it.)

Makin' some butter-less chocolate cupcakes with real strawberry buttercream (what can I say I only had one stick of butter and I figured butter in the frosting was better than butter in the cake) :D

turned out just beautifully. I made up the recipe :) I am so good.

These things are so good. Paul is NOT allowed to take them to work.

These are ours only...maybe if I open my bakery you can try one :D

No comments: