Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The battle wages on...



Well recently it seems as though my wife and I have been struck with the unfortunate luck of constant bodily harm. As you know she recently managed to preform a DIY toenail-ectomy with the help of a very heavy, very sharp, and very metal door corner. We are still in recovery. My addition to the list of pain was added on Sunday night after a long day of work and a night of more school work ahead. I decided to steep a nice cup 'o tea for myself and retire to the laptop for design work. As I was pouring the boiling hot water into the cup, the lid somehow managed to fall off the tea pot thus releasing the scolding hot steam DIRECTLY onto my unsuspecting pinky finger. I am pretty sure I threw the pot and have never been burned that bad in my whole life. The initial shock was not that painful until it truly set in and felt as if someone had cut open the skin, placed a hot pepper inside and proceeded to slap the wound for three to three and a half hours. So ya it hurt pretty bad. It has since become a lovely shade of purple and is now referred to as simply the " monster finger." Maybe for Halloween I will just ware a black, full body suit with my pinky cut out. I'm sure that is probably the scariest idea I have at the time. So here are a few pics of the pain:

The initial damage. Pretty sweet, huh?

I wasn't too happy.

The day after, looking quite monstrous.


This was tonight. It is starting to un-swell but still on the homely side.

A little side note I forgot to mention. This morning as Kaylee was jumping for joy at some cute thing the cat's did she managed to jam her index finger into the ceiling! She cracked the nail pretty good and there are still some purple nail polish marks on the ceiling. Ya know I just don't get it, did we like unknowingly offend a witch doctor or maybe we live on some kinda burial grounds. Either way this has gotta stop.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With that shoulder injury and this we may have a problem.