Thursday, October 25, 2007

Booboo's

Paul and I had to get Leeloo fixed this week and it was sad :( Just dropping her off was sad to do, she was really well behaved though and kept her cool when there were three big dogs in the room with us. So I dropped her off around 7am on Wednesday and then came home, they called me about an hour later to tell me that she did have an inguinal hernia (just as I had suspected...I'm a doctor now :D) and so I gave them the go ahead to do that surgery in conjunction with her spaying. They also told me she weighs a whopping 5lbs 9 oz *gasp...* that's actually really skinny...what can I say??, she eats all she wants and she has the body of a 15 yr old boy, be jealous. So anyhoo, she then went into surgery and was out by 2pm. She had to stay overnight and that was the saddest part for Paul and me. We missed her, and so did Shotz!! Shotzye cried out for Leeloo a couple times, and had an all around sad demeanor. (i don't make this up kids, this is the real deal). This morn around 10 am we got to go pick her skinny bum up and it was super exciting! Like Christmas morning :) yeehoo!! Her belly is all shaved and spotted, plus she has a new addition, a 4in incision , but despite these obstacles, she remains hyper as always and played with Shotzye first thing...does she feel no pain?? Seriously, does she have that disorder?? I kid, I kid. Here are some picys of her darned booboo.
Leeloos belly before the surgery





Shotzye needs lovin since Leeloo is gone.



OHNO! There is her cut!



"But...but I was real scared once you left me..."


This aint gonna hold me back! (climbing in the kitchen)





No comments: