Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Latest and Greatest!

I am in print 1 this semester and have made a couple interesting prints mind you. I figured you bums may want to see some?? well if not, oh well. I made my first one you see here-- a barbie from 1965. I thought she looked sweet, so I recreated her, Kaylee style!! And then I just started an art nouveau print...its going to be a few colors too, and you BETTER believe I will be documenting that :)





The block of poured linoleum, drawn on
with sharpie, starting to be SLICED!

The first stage...just you wait and

see what she will become!!


Alright, I ain't gonna lie, this whole process confused me a bit.

Here is the poppy red layer I made


Now for the foresty forest.


Ooooo. dark, chocolate brown!! 85% cocao

...not actually, silly!!

my finished girlie! yeehoo!!


Now for the new print. carved and ready to print.


mustard anyone???

...I am pleased...

2 comments:

Mandie said...

Very cool. You have a thing for yellow right now maybe? The second print... it looks like a pretty flower alien to me... Kinda freaky. But in a pretty way.

Kristen Good said...

ooooh, I LOVE the second print. The first one is cool as well! YAY, you'll have to post more pictures as you do more prints.

Kristen