Friday, July 18, 2008

Yo Yo Yo!!!

I just finished embellishing a dress I bought yesterday :D


Yesterday, after work, I went to target looking for a sweater or nice cardigan to add fabric flowers (aka yo- yo's) too. I could not find anything I liked to save my life..except for this navy blue, simple tee- dress. I decided it would work.



After leaving target, I headed over to Joann fabrics to pick up some fat quarters to use as the flower fabric. I found so many combinations that I LOVED but I had to pick just one :( (While i was there there was this scary man with tattoos everywhere and he turned and i saw a big Nazi flag tattooed on his arm...like 6" x 8" and i his shirt said 'SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SKINHEAD" AHH!) anyways. back to the pretty things. So i picked up this fabulous set that had a gradation from dark blue-purple to light pink.



I also picked up some sweet buttons for the centers of the flowers...



Then I got home and sewed until but butt was numb, my back spasmed and my fingers bled. (choose only one of those descriptions...)



I called it quits around midnight so I could get ready for work in the morning...I was in love.



Now the next day (after work) I sewed my sweet littles onto the dress. This was somewhat complex. I sewed things through every wrong layer you could imagine. I had flowers sewed through 6 layers. How, you may ask. I don't know, i just did.



Well here are some final shots. This took me approx. 6 hours to create. That might seem a bit lengthy- deal with it, I'm slow.






Oh! I forgot to mention- Paul brought me a cupcake from Dozens to keep me goin'

Idn't he sweet?

No comments: