Wednesday, February 18, 2009

French time!

Last week Paul and I made the BBBEST french toast. I mean, wow. I also made some french macarons. (macaron's NOT macaroons (the coconut kind)...that extra 'o' makes a totally different pastry) I don't know if it was the love in the air, since it was valentine's and everything, or those 2 treats just snuck up on us...but there was a definite Parisian theme happening.

The cute card I got Paul

This french toast involves:
-Soaking the bread in a custard that is made the night before
-honey
-half and half
need I say more??

MACARON'S! This one is an almond, vanilla cookie with whipped milk chocolate ganache.

Airy and crispy on the outside...chewy in the middle...with a creamy chocolate-y center. AH!!!

Tonight...a nice vanilla honey chamomile with a macaron.
*sigh*

No comments: