Monday, March 30, 2009

Busy Weekend.

We had a very busy weekend...letting us get no more than 8 hours of sleep in 3 days time. I went to Sharayah's bridal shower, Paul and I went to a concert an hour north of Pittsburgh, hung out with friends until the wee hours of the night, visited with Paul's family and went to Gavin's 9th birthday party...then drove home, watched Changeling and finally went to bed Sunday night around midnight- all to start work at 6am on Monday!!! PHEW!!! It was a busy weekend, but all-in-all a fun weekend, catching up with friends :D
Sugar cookies I made for the shower. Beaut's.
Cupcake truffles I made. Shot's approved.
The cookies, cuppy's and a fruit arrangement I created that morn. On 2 hours of sleep............
Cute! Tess was helping me set up the fruit- she liked skewering the fruit on the sticks.

BFF's: Cindy and Kathy
Nice little ladies :D
My momma!!
The "Who Knows the Bride the Best" game. I won this one! However, since I am a bridesmaid, I did not 'officially' win.
Punch! I LOOOOVE punch!
I scooped the sherbet into the bowl. And I loved every colorful second of it.
Sharayah opening her presents.
Gavin's party was funny. He had decided he wanted to get CPR certified as party festivities. So him and his friends did just that! He crack's me up...
Birthday cake
An awesome Rockwell calendar in the Fire hall.
Love it.
Present time!
Best drawing ever, I give it an 'A'
See! I was not lying, they really did get certified. haha!!
I was pretty worn out today at work...teaching needy kids with not much sleep sucks. I just wanted to walk out of the room multiple times and crawl away for some much needed slumber. But! I did not...


In other school news, the kids are finishing up their self portraits and have done pretty darn good. I have had some amazing portraits come out of this project and I am like a proud mama. (I have also had some that baffle me...not in a good way...but ya know...) I think that the kids have come pretty far, since at the beginning of the year they could not use a ruler (SERIOUSLY!) and now, they are griding pictures, critiquing art work, know some art history and have the elements of design down. Yeah baby! I also have one of my large value images, that the kids worked on, being hung in the library. Woot. Oh! and my one class is going to be a judge for a video contest at the University of MD, the other judge is one of the big wig news reporters out here. sweet. (My one students mom works at UMD so she emailed me and asked if we would participate.)

Workin..


Some beginning stages.

She is amazing. Beautiful work.

Hey!! She must have a pretty freaking awesome art teacher........


My sister also sent me her 50 mm lens since she got a new one. Her new one is super fancy and it makes the pictures crazy and warped- pretty cool- so she had no use for keeping this old one. I told her I suppose I could take it off her hands *grin* and she sent it my way *larger grin*...so I sent her some cookies and a bookmark that I made with my Martha paper cutter as payment for her lovely lens. I got it in the mail after work today and have been experimenting with it already. Here are some of my pics I got tonight:



Our paper lantern cluster

Sweetest little monkey you have ever met.

I'll testify to that.


Pretty bedside light


This picture pretty much sums up Shotzye...
...

And. A ring shot. I mean, why not?? My fingers look somewhat emaciated in this pic...if that is even possible.

Whew! What a packed post. I think I am fairly caught up now. See ya soon!

No comments: