Saturday, March 21, 2009

Paul turns 25

Paul celebrated his 25th birthday yesterday. Because he had the day off, and we had talked about him doing this for a long time now, he came to school with me to talk to the kids about graphic design. It was "Take your husband to work day"...not really, but he came anyways. It was my 'bad day' at work so he saw the class that tortures me. Lets just put it this way..Paul had just finished a large coffee before that class and in the middle of the bad class, he had to go to pee really bad. Naturally, I told him to run to the bathroom (it was right next door) and he said, "No- I am not leaving you in here alone!" haha. Paul summed it up perfectly by explaining teaching my bad class as giving you the same feeling as, "Writing a 20 page research report and every time you hit save, because you finally got it perfect, the computer crashes...10 times in a row."

All jokes aside, the kids really liked Paul and he had a lot of fun teaching them (they loved his personal logo-it uses negative space-which I just taught those sucka's, so they thought they were pretty cool), it was a good day. He also realized why I get so tired after teaching them (tons of repetition and a million questions, plus the discipline involved) and when we got home, he said he was so exhausted from the day...so we took a nap :)
I made some miniature cakes the we snacked on, we went to Rita's Italian Ice for our free ice (spring equinox= free Rita's!) and watched 2 good movies. Paul also fit in some Wii Guitar Hero- a gift from his family- before the night was over.

Here are a couple pics from the night:


Little cake #1

Little cake #2

Little cake #3
These were cherry cake filled with cherry preserves and milk chocolate cream cheese frosting.


"I am 25!"
Oh, I forgot to mention, Paul is acually terrified that he is 25 years old.

No comments: