Monday, March 16, 2009

A Whole Lot

We have been up to a bunch lately. Pauls fam came out and visited us this past week/weekend and we had a great time hanging out, being tourists, and relaxing at home. Paul's fam seemed to have a really great time out here, eating up a bunch of yummy food that Paul and I made for them: our french toast, the AWESOME chocolate chip cookies, lasagna, Mmmmmm.... We also went to Alexandria, downtown DC, checked out the white house, went to museums, watched movies, played Wii (a lot), and took them around Waldorf (Oooo- exciting!!), all in a matter of 2 1/2 days!

In other news, I have been trying to get my classes under control...it seems that they are getting more and more restless with school. Spring break on the horizon, only 1 more quarter left, state testing, and some pretty hefty projects are adding up for them, and it shows. I would say twice last week, I was about to call it quits. Its like dejavu from the beginning of the year. Well, enough about all that bummy stuff, lets check out some pics!

OH! OH! OHHHH! I forgot to tell ya guys, I did win the bake sale- Most Unique- for the cake pops. I am still waiting on the gift certificate though. grr. I want to go out to eat :D And there were a lot of entries...so each award went to another person. I was hoping for a clean sweep. But I cannot complain! My choc chip cookies were GOOONE (I suspect I should have won best tasting on those sucka's...not many other treats were all gone! Yeah baby!)

A Paul tattoo update: Peely




Here are some of my students in my best class...They are working on the Mona Lisa (they didn't know it yet, in this picture)


New shoes. AH! They are reallllly comfortable! Crazy, I know, but they honestly are. I cant wait til it warms up a bit so I can sport them at school.

Bridesmaid dress. We decided on the bow in the back.

Me layin down with beebee leeloo.

At a museum in DC. Very cool waves!! Art nouveau at its best.


Super sad sculpture titled, "I am Nobody"
It reminded us of Leeloo's sinewy body.

Creepy colorful fish.
We said it represents Gavin's brain at all times: colorful, crazy, busy.

Family Portrait- Lovin' Tessa's pose!!

Gotta love this!
oh, and it was a yucky day that Saturday...rainy- blah, but still fun.


Tess and I on the metro


The chocolate chip cookies
These are what dreams are made of.


Some donuts I made! I realized I had never made them before, so I made a batch. Mmm.



The star of the show: Shotzye (in her 'bed' - a free box from costco- beats the $ 25 I wanted to get her- she loves the cardboard)

Shotzye was a crowd favorite when we had the Haggerty's over. In fact, while we were out, we asked Tessa if she wanted anything, and she simply replied, "Yeah, Shotzye"

haha!

No comments: