Monday, March 2, 2009

It's a Bake Off!

So. My school is having a bake-off among the teachers on Wednesday. Guess what beautiful babies? I am entering that crap. The competition is on best looking, best tasting and most unique. I decided that I want a clean sweep. So I am hitting them with my cake pops (decorated with the school colors and logo) to win the most unique and best looking. I am also going to be making the chocolate chip cookies that Lauren recommended (NY Times recipe by Jacques Torres) because HOLY SMOKES!! they are awesome. They are time consuming to make since they sit for at least 24 hours to develop their caramely flavors...and they also include some strange flours (cake and bread). However, they are sprinkled with salt before they bake, they have a crispy shell with the most delicious chewy inside. So yeah, I am going for best tasting with those babies. Anyways, tonight I did my cake pops, my cookie dough is resting, and life is good.


In other news, there was a HUGE snow storm here...so school was cancelled today (Monday), there is a 2 hour delay on Tuesday and Wednesday the kids are off, so we have an in service day...I LOVE THIS WEEK!


I piped the logos in dark chocolate.

There they are, aren't they cute!?


Red velvet balls.



Dipped the sticks in the chocolate then let them chill a bit to cement them in


Diiiip


Swirlllll


Ta-daaaa!


Then ya stick the logo on

**These pics make it seem very easy, however, I must admit this was a messy and difficult process. These pictures just showcase a moment in time...It maybe means that the cake pop slid off of the stick and the logo fell off...

It maybe means that I am not perfect people.


But my pop's sure are :D



Ok, now for the cookies.

Here is the dough at first...kinda grainy.

Lets see what it looks like when it gets WHIPPED! for 5 minutes.


Look how fluffy 2 1/2 sticks of butter and about 3 cups of sugar can get.


Hey- I did not say these are good for you, but I am not the one eating them, the judges are. And guess what- BUTTER AND SUGAR TASTE AWESOME!


Look how much dough!! geesh. This recipe makes a million cookies.

A million.

A hilarious text message situation.

A random person texted Paul...and he decided to mess with them.


My cute hat and ring. I wore this too the tattoo place when Paul got his tat done on Saturday. People liked.

No comments: